Sunday, November 22, 2009

Coupon Favorites

I've had several people ask about my favorite coupon sites and how I coupon-shop. I am by no means a pro couponer but I AM a pro at frugal shopping/living so when I was introduced to the oh so wonderful coupon world it was love at first buy. So... without further ado,

HOW TO COUPON SHOP:
1. Get the coupons
               a. Sunday papers
                     i. General rule of thumb is 1 sunday paper for every 1 person in your household. Your local paper usually have a bargain for getting multiple sunday papers. You can also just buy them at gas stations and such but the coupons are not always guaranteed to be in there thanks to "coupon thieves" as I like to call them.
But when you are buying 5-6 + papers a week x 4 a month it's usually cheaper to get a subscription. Call your local paper for deals.
               b. Printables (found via grocery smarts and other sites like the ones listed above)
               c. Peelies- found on or inside the box

2. Organize coupons
             Idea 1
             Idea 2 
             Idea 3
             Idea 4
3. Combine coupons with sales and... SHOP! This is where Grocerysmarts and all those other lovely sites (i've listed my fav's below) comes in.

Here is a video explaining coupon shopping.
NOTE* when she talks about the "catalina" adds substitute "Albertsons". Our local Albertsons does the same thing.


So basically in a tiny nut-shell--- You save your coupons until that item goes on sale.. You check the sales from grocerysmarts and all those other lovely sites/blogs... then you make a shopping list BASED on those sales... take them to the grocery store, shop, and then hand the cashier a lovely stack of coupons and watch your total go from $$$ to  $. It's that easy!!! (not really, I spend hours planning but we save so much it really is like a PT job)

EXTRAS
   Coupon Lingo - What language are they speaking?!?! WYB, MIR, RR,....  and all those other tricky codes are deciphered here

Here are links to my favorite Coupon sites. I refer to these weekly/daily as THEY keep an eye on the sales so I don't have to!







 

 
And of course....    GROCERYSMARTS      which doesn't have a button. The PASSWORD to get in is g84rcm
This is my go-to site
 
Good luck and happy shopping!
Questions? Email me

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails