Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm dated!!

It's been FOREVER since I last posted. Been busy with homeschooling and updating that blog and in turn completely forgot about this one!

So I had an epiphany today: I'm dated!!! when did this happen?!! I'm only 25! I was thinking about how "cute" my outfit was today and then while i was hauling my crew around from errand to errand I drove by all these young hooligans and their trendy hats and scarves, some of them my age and even older and it hit me! I wouldn't even have picked that out in the stores, let alone wear it... OMgosh! I'm old! not in the age sense of the word, but in every other way I am a 30 or 40 something in a 25 year old body.
Thanks a lot "crew"! I've been so busy the last 5 years taking care of you that somewhere in the mix, I lost "it".

And yet...

I found myself, I love who I am and who I'm becoming more and more every day with every trial and every trendy outfit I don't buy so I can buy yarn and fabric to craft with, and food and windex to cook for and then subsequently clean up after my little crew. and coutless bags of socks because I'm pretty sure there is a black hole in my washer or dryer that only sucks up socks, and only 1 at a time. It's like I traded my desire for "trends" and always worrying about the who's, what's and where's in for a nice tall glass of wisdom and priorities. You can HAVE your hats and scarves you little hooligans! I wouldn't trade you or go back to my pre-crew life for anything

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails