Thursday, November 19, 2009

WWW SPOTLIGHT

As most of you know... I homeschool my kids. I don't know if I always will, as there is a charter school in the area that I would LOVE for them to attend (and they are on the waiting list) but for now, and because my kids will NEVER attend public school... I homeschool.

I have a netfriend who has a great blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

dedicated to this and she has decided to put her Masters in Education Technology to good use by changing her blog into how to teach our kids in a technological way in our ever increasing techno world. She has and AMAZING knowledge on this subject and has tons of great ideas in store. Those of you who homeschool, are thinking about homeschooling, or those of you who realize that YOU are your child's greatest teacher no matter where they go to school should check out her site and USE her info in your FHE or even everyday life.

check out this video:


and download this for your kids to use as their browser.



IT IS AMAZING!!! to quote her:
"I love it because when they use the browser, they can't go clicking all over the internet and don't have access to my desktop. It also lets them find the websites they like without putting an address in the address bar. In fact, they can't access the address bar. You can block websites (I block nickjr/noggin because they have ads), add your own websites, and completely customize the browser based on what your kid needs. "
-Family friendly, kid safe. love it!-
I believe in old-fashioned things, crafts, living... but I don't believe in excluding technology from our list of ways to live/learn. I believe that knowing how to live/learn BOTH ways will produce the most well rounded, educated, and self proficient children (and selves) possible.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails