Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm back! Here's my plan

So.... after a leave of absence to re-do my blog (and for various other time consuming reasons) I'm back! During my "leave" I've implemented a new way of parenting, started going back to school, and decided to start homeschooling my kids! With all these changes I figured a new blog was in need.
STORY: a few months ago Emma's behavior was so bad that I was almost embarrassed at being out with her in public. At my wits end I went to my local thrift store and bought every self help book on parenting I could find. I was bound and determined to "fix" her behavior! The first book I started to read was "A Joyful Mother of Children" by Linda Eyre. It was also the last book I read out of that pile. It was the answer to my prayers!! Long story short: It wasn't her that needed fixing, it was ME! granted her behavior was terrible, but through changing myself, and the way I parent supposedly her behavior would do a total flip flop. and it DID! (Not over night though, this story has been an ongoing process for several months and is still a work in progress. Probably always will be) After reading and highlighting and doggy-ear folding nearly every page in that book, I HAD to buy all their other books (by "they" I mean Linda and Richard Eyre)
Here are just a few of the things I've implemented:
Family Scripture
Family Motto
Family Mission Statement
Code Words
Repentance Bench
Monster Bag
Family Tradtions Book
Proud Pig
etc etc etc.
I'll blog more and explain it more eventually. But for starters I thought I'd show you our Family Scripture and the Blueprint I made to break it down and go along with it:
blueprint

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails