Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Homeschooling the Book of Mormon

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've decided to homeschool my kids. I've been off and on about this idea since my 1st was born. On one hand, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have some peace at home while I send my kids off to school. (did I mention that I'd LOOOOOOVE that?)
But then on the other hand, I hate the public school system. I'm sick over the idea that my children can't pray in school, and that they can't talk about God and aren't taught creationism. This Quote says it in a nutshell:

"Hillary Clinton said it takes a village to raise a child. I've seen the Village. And I don't want it raising my child!"

So at the sacrifice of my "free time" I decided it was the best decision in the long run. I'm actually REALLY excited about it now.
For our Religion part of the curriculum I found these AWESOME books that teach children basic stories in the Book Of Mormon and relate it to real life!!


It even has a page at the end of each story that lists scriptures, hymns, activities, quotes from the General Authorities, and Stories and messages from the Friend (links to past issues) that relate to the story! The pictures are colorful, the stories are told in first person like you are actually meeting Nephi, or Lehi, or Enos, etc. They recommend reading them to kids for FHE but we are going to use this as our curriculum this year!!!! I hope they come out with a bible version!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails